Archive for December 2010
Here it is, the last day of the year. About to go run.
Thoughts on this year:
- Lost my dog, Pygmy, in February. He had been in my life for 18 years. Sad time. Also lost a few relatives. Deaths can come so suddenly.
- Got married in April. Happy time.
- Delighted to keep the 2009 momentum going. Proud to survive running through very warm months (Mar-June). Seems like Bangkok is getting hotter every year.
- Got a cold twice. Not too bad.
- Quit coffee in October.
- New shoes: Bought New Balance MT100 in July and lost them somehow in December. Logged under 200 miles on them. Got to get me a new pair. Also got Nike Vapor Quick 2 and Adidad Adizero Boston. Satisfied with all of them.
- Retired two pairs of shoes: Asics Nimbus 8 and New Balance MR800MF. Both went over 1,000 miles.
- Just two 10K races. Don Bosco in February and EGAT in September. Achieved a new personal record on the first one.
- Longest run this year: 20 miles. Just once.
- Highest mileage: December. Lowest: May.
- Goals for 2011: Personal bests in marathon and half marathon. More long runs. Joined more races. Have more fun with running and other aspects of life!
So much for the nice breeze. The winter weather in Bangkok lasted less than a week. Yesterday, which was Christmas, was very warm and sunny.
The cold has been going on for five days now. Went out and got in a few miles yesterday. Felt lousy again. Today it was a little bit better, thanks to a slightly better weather.
This week is a step back. I am positive that next week will be better.
Had a lousy run today. Energy level was low. Probably an effect of not refueling after yesterday’s sweaty run. A mistake and a lesson learned.
Having sore throat. Maybe pushing the body too hard these past couple days. Really hope it doesn’t become a cold.
Nine days to go in 2010. Hoping to finish the year strong.
We had the first winter breeze in the city this morning. Today’s run was fast and pleasant. Temp was around 22-23 C. Hope it stays this way for a while.
The week began with a heavy rain that just went on and on. It came out of nowhere and caused major traffic headaches all over town. Like it has been this year, crazy weather continues.
I ran under a roof which partially kept me dry. The concrete was very wet and full of puddles. I forgot my running shoes and tried to run in sandals. Wet feet + loose shoes = bruise. Nothing serious though.
It was dry this morning and weather seems back to normal.
Logged just over 40 hours in November. Probably my highest monthly time total. Thankful to be generally injury-free. The pain in my left foot is still there. It’s just something I have to live with for the time being.
Less than 1 month to go in 2010. This year, I’ve had only one period of being sick, way back in April-May. To me, this is a big deal. I used to get ill all the time. Thanks to running, I’m now much healthier.
The training is gradually getting more intense now. Need to take my easy days really easy to recover in time for hard days. But as always,
The hardest step is the first one out the door.
Lately I don’t feel like writing much. Life is going well, mostly. Getting my runs in, eating yummy food, sleeping enough hours. Not much to complain about.
I guess I’m pretty satisfied with life at the moment.